Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as the “Company,” respectively, and hereinafter collectively referred to as the ”Shin-Etsu Group”) believe that the appropriate protection of personal information of business partners, etc. is the due social responsibility of the Company. The Shin-Etsu Group is committed to protecting personal information by complying with relevant laws, regulations and other standards concerning the protection of personal information and establishing its own internal rules and systems, as described below.
- The Company is committed to appropriately managing personal information by providing training to its employees and assigning persons to be responsible for management in each division where personal information is handled.
- The Company is committed to preventing the risks of hacking, loss, falsification, divulgence, etc. of personal information stored in its computer system by taking reasonable technical measures.
- The Company uses the personal information provided by business partners, etc. only to achieve the purpose of use concerning which information is provided on an individual basis, fulfill its responsibility based on contracts between the Shin-Etsu Group and business partners, etc., develop better products and services as the Shin-Etsu Group, give useful information and various event information to business partners, etc., and achieve other legitimate purposes.
- Without legitimate grounds for doing so, the Company does not provide personal information given by business partners, etc. to third parties other than group companies, business outsourcees or other business partners succeeding to relevant business of the Company or group companies.
- The Company may only share and use necessary information within the Shin-Etsu Group, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, names of departments and divisions, posts, etc., that is included in personal information provided by business partners, etc., when it is necessary to do so to achieve the purposes described above in 3). In this case, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. assumes responsibility for personal information management.
- When asking business partners, etc. to provide personal information, the Company in principle informs them of the purpose of gathering such information, the scope of third parties to whom the Company will provide the said information, the Company’s contact point, etc.
- When providing third parties with personal information given by business partners, etc., the Company is committed to preventing divulgence and further provision by the third parties by imposing a contractual obligation thereon, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- If business partners, etc. wish to confirm or revise personal information that they have provided or to stop the usage thereof, upon checking the identity of the business partners, etc., the Company will take measures to a reasonable extent.
- The Company is committed to complying with Japanese laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information of business partners, etc. as well as other rules, to continuing to review details of this policy, and to improving it.